As someone who was once held captive for many years by the darkness of substance abuse and lie-based thinking, this is where I collect my thoughts on life. Here you will find personal stories and reflections from my own journey, and my story of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and how he has changed my heart and mind.
Saturday, July 22, 2023
Analyzing our belief system
I wonder, how many of us fully understand our belief system? We all believe something, or have some type of a worldview, a way in which we view life, or how we account for why things are the way they are. Perhaps some of us think about it more than others. Do you even know why you believe what you believe? Have you thought out the details about what you think you believe? Is your worldview based on what you see, and is consistent with evidence and the observable world? Or is it piece mealed together not based on facts or evidence, but rather based on culture or other's opinions and beliefs, often chosen to justify how we live, or who we think we are, essentially internally driven rather than externally? I think one of the truest tests of any worldview is to see how we handle hardships and difficulties in life. Do we find life's trials to further confirm our beliefs? And does our worldview provide a way to help cope with those hard times? Or, do we find that our worldview is actually lacking the ability to do that, and we therefore end up stealing ideas and beliefs from other worldviews or religions? I think this is often true for many modern ways of looking at the world, but are we being honest enough to see that and acknowledge the holes in our worldview? If we find this to be true, we should probably admit that we have the wrong view on life and look at alternate belief systems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Trusting God Through the Pain
The other day I was listening to a song and a spot in the lyrics took me back to how I used to live my life for a long time, only up to a fe...
-
Can God really love us as much as the Bible says he does? I wonder how many of us believe the words of scripture when we read something like...
-
The other day I was watching an episode of After Life and was intrigued by some dialogue between two characters on the subject of God. If ...
-
Recently, I took the time to listen to one of Mike Winger 's latest podcasts that exposes some pretty dark and awful truths about Bethel...
No comments:
Post a Comment